Best Security Cameras to Safeguard Your Property
Safeguarding your property has become an indispensable requirement in today’s world. While you integrate a lock system and stronger doors, some intruders may break-in. Whether in your absence or presence, you need the best security cameras to be your watch guard.
However, shuffling through countless options in a shop or online can be very tiresome. What kind of camera do you need? Should you consider 4G security cameras or wireless security camera systems? There are just too many options, too much consideration.
Leave your worries to your home security cameras, as we are bringing you a complete selection of the best cameras available in the market. You will also find a buyer’s guide to help you out with a decision.
Review For The Best Security Cameras
Security Cameras Eufy
- 1080p Full HD: Live-stream and record footage in crystal clear 1080p HD, so you see exactly...
- A Year’s Security from 1 Charge: Avoid frequent trips to charge the battery and enjoy 365-day...
- Zero Hidden Costs: Designed to protect your home as well as your wallet, eufyCam 2 is a...
Here you have a wireless security camera with 365-day battery life and up to 3 years of standby performance. Great for indoor and outdoor, you get IP65 weatherproof for optimum protection.
It has 1080P quality output with a night vision to provide crystal clear feed 24/7. For storage, you have around 16 GB micro SD that can record upon detection of anything suspicious. If you can’t afford security camera installation costs, then it offers easy installation for DIY-enthusiasts.
It has a smartphone app and compatibility to work with Alexa. There is an anti-theft alarm in case of vandalism of the camera or forceful removal. It offers up to a 140-degree wide view with military-grade performance. There is a motion detection sensor that works around 20-30 ft in range.
Furthermore, you get all of the essentials with the package, such as a HomeBase station and security camera Ethernet cable, USB charger, and a manual with an indoor magnetic mount and secure outdoor mounts.
- Great for outdoor and indoor
- 365-days battery life
- 1080P and DIY-friendly
- Short motion sensor range
Security Cameras Lorex
- System includes
- 4K Ultra HD D841A62B digital video recorder preloaded with 2 TB hard drive
- Eight 4K Ultra HD C881DA security cameras
Lorex brings you a remarkable 8 security cameras that deliver 4K Ultra HD performance with their 8 MP cameras. The HomeBase comes with a 2TB Hard drive to never miss any details and provide consistent recording for the feed.
You can extend and install the cameras around 60 feet away from the central unit. Unfortunately, the cameras are not wireless to provide power-packed performance. Each camera required an individual power adapter that comes with the system.
The DVR is 16-channel, so you can invest in additional 8 security cameras if you have the budget. It delivers a colorful night vision with advanced motion detection to provide full-fledged surveillance. More importantly, it is compatible with smartphones and home assistants such as Alexa and Google.
If you want security cameras for business, then these are the best you can get. You don’t get any lag in the feed as it is hardwired without any requirement for Wifi or Bluetooth connectivity. Thus, you get 24/7 security without any downtime.
- A powerful security camera system
- Expandable up to 16 cameras
- Robust storage
- Great for 24/7
- Colorful night vision
- Not wireless
Security Cameras Blink
- Blink Indoor is a wireless, battery-powered security camera that helps you check in on your...
- With long-lasting battery life, Indoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries...
- Get customizable motion alerts on your phone through the Blink Home Monitor app so you’re...
Sleek and powerful, Blink brings you an indoor security camera that complements modern decors. It is available in white and black colors to blend perfectly. You can install this camera system by yourself or place them anywhere you like. Multiple cameras work efficiently with iOS and android smart devices.
Alternatively, you can use Amazon Alexa to control them through voice command. The system offers 2-year battery life and comes with cloud connectivity without any subscription requirement. However, security cameras video is not a 24/7 recording. It takes short snaps. It has motion detection that works with the recording option.
It provides real-time feed, which makes it great for baby or pet monitor. While it is a well-versed camera, it is limited to indoor performance. However, you get a 720P video feed. Hence, for those who want a budget-friendly security camera system, this is among the best choices available.
- Great for indoor
- Works with décor
- 2-year battery life
- Short snaps of videos for recording
- 720P video feed
Security Cameras Verizon
- Connected by Verizon 4G/LTE network. Mobile surveillance solution. Easy to install. Wire free...
- Remote Image/video after the camera is triggered by motion or timer. Invisible night time...
- Powered by AA or portable 12V power. All-in-one design and stand-alone installation. Multiple...
Verizon brings you the latest 4G Security cameras that don’t require Wifi or wire to work. All you need is a cellular network to connect with this ghost camera. It is well-protected and an excellent choice to use indoors or outdoors.
Verizon delivers impeccable service through its pocket-friendly camera. It records after detecting something. Alternatively, it has a timer to take pictures or videos after a specific interval. The videos’ quality may range from 320P to 1024P, which is pretty remarkable for such a compact camera.
It comes with powerful battery life and backs up to give you year-round performance. You don’t have to worry about battery life. If the primary source runs out, you can replace it while it runs on the backup.
It has a 2-inch display with an 80 ft flash range with motion sensors. Night vision is excellent, and it offers two years warranty with standard weatherproofing in a robust case. Overall, it is a unique camera, great if you don’t want it to stand out.
- Wireless with cellular compatibility
- 80 ft flash, two-way communication
- Strong case
- HD videos and pictures (3, 5, and 8 MP cameras)
- No live feed option
- Recorded videos and pictures are short
Ring Security Cameras Exterior
- Connect your Ring camera with Alexa then enable announcements to be alerted when motion is...
- Lets you see, hear and speak to visitors from your phone, tablet and PC
- Powered by the quick-release rechargeable battery pack.
This list wouldn’t be complete without Ring security cameras. The company is known for manufacturing some of the most versatile options. Here you have an Alexa-enabled camera that works very well with any smart device, including your PC. It comes with built-in LED light strips and a siren.
You get two-way audio to talk to the guests at the door or anywhere else. More importantly, the company provides a lifetime guarantee that you can get a new one for free if it gets stolen. The video quality is crisp with 1080P HD. It has infrared night vision and delivers live feed.
The LED lights are great to flash any intruder or illuminate the dark areas at night to amplify night vision’s capacity. It has a versatile power option. You can add solar panels for power if you want solar security cameras. Alternatively, you can integrate a second battery backup. Ring remains best-in-class with remarkable security cameras for home outdoor.
- Multiple power supply options
- True wireless installation
- Universal device compatibility
- HD feed with proper motion sensors and night vision
- Requires high-speed Wifi to work
- Ring subscription is required for replacement guarantee
Echo Show 5 Charcoal With Blink Mini Indoor Smart Security Camera
- Alexa can show you more – Compact 5.5” smart display ready to help manage your day,...
- Made to fit your life – Cook along to step-by-step recipes. Easily update to-do lists and...
- Big entertainment – Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or...
For better in-house surveillance, here you have a dedicated wireless home security system with Echo Show 5 and Blink Mini combination. It delivers 1080P HD with motion detection and two-way audio integrated. You can connect it with a smartphone through an app.
Blink Mini works significantly well as a pet or baby monitor camera with its two-way audio. However, it doesn’t offer a continuous live view. It is easy to set up as you can move it and place it anywhere you like. You need an active high-speed wifi connection for it to work optimally.
It offers a subscription plan for cloud storage. As an alternative, there is local storage for the device to record videos. If you have an Alexa smart-home system, this is the best security system you can get.
Due to its versatility, you can use it as however you like without any interference. However, it is not one of the security cameras for outside. Despite working with phones, it is not a Bluetooth security camera.
- Easy to install, highly compact
- Works well with Alexa and smartphones
- Two-way communication
- Motion detection
- It is not the right choice for outdoor installation
- Live feed is not continuous
Best Security Cameras Buyer’s Guide
How Much Does Security Camera Installation Cost?
Security camera installation can cost significantly higher than the initial cost of the camera. Apart from mounting the camera, there can be other costs. For example, if you don't have an internet connection or wireless camera, you might require a security camera Ethernet to function optimally.
If we consider a full-fledged installation for around 8 cameras security systems, you might need around a thousand bucks. It's better to consult the company. Some manufacturers offer installation as a part of the home security cameras. For others, you can do it yourself.
How Many Security Cameras Should I Get?
It depends on how big the place is and how many entrances does it have. Some sites require one or two cameras, while others may need around 8 cameras security systems. If you get a wide-angle view with moving cameras, you can drastically reduce cameras' requirements.
What's The Difference Between Security Cameras For Apartment And Security Cameras For Business?
There's virtually no difference in cameras suitable for a different type of buildings. The only difference you will find is in cameras for different uses. Some manufacturers may claim that a camera is built for specific purposes, but you can use it for other places, as well. It all breaks down to your requirement and how much you are willing to invest. However, for these security cameras night vision is an indispensable requirement.
We made sure to find cameras from ranging quality to varying budget requirements. Whether you need a security camera outdoor or indoor, we tried to present you with a versatile choice. We hope that this article is helpful, especially with the buyer’s guide.
Don’t let different companies and brands trick you into buying their cameras. Use our guide to get a thorough review. Make a comparison if you have to. After finally concluding, choose the security cameras installations that suit you.
- 6 Best Spy Cameras with Longest Battery Life
- 6 Best Arlo Security Cameras & Arlo Pro Cameras
- 4 Best Solar Powered Cameras