One of the major concerns of the 21st Century is air pollution. With the increase in air pollution caused by vehicles and factories, the concern for pure air has risen multi-fold. Harmful gases present in the environment such as Carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, etc. can adversely affect the lives of humans. When inhaled at an extreme and continuous rate, these pollutants can cause long-term health hazards.
An excellent way to safeguard your family from these harmful gasses and polluted air is by installing trustable and good-quality air purifiers recommended by allergists, which not only helps in keeping the air clean by filtering all the pollutants, but also help combat other diseases like asthma, and other respiratory diseases.
What Is An Air Purifier And How Is It Beneficial For Us?
An air purifier removes harmful contaminants present in a room’s air, thus improving its air quality. These devices are also helpful for patients suffering from respiratory diseases.
Moreover, they reduce the effect of passive smoking. According to a report presented by the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the number of contaminants present in indoor air is five times more than the air present outside.
A good reason why this happens is that the air present inside a room is trapped, and when contaminants enter a closed area, they keep circulating within the restricted area.
An air purifier that kills viruses uses a simple mechanism to filter out the room’s harmful pollutants by sucking in the air, removing the contaminants using filters, and then pushing out fresh air. Using a good air purifier for your home can be beneficial in several ways, including:
- Reduction in allergies: Several people are susceptible to pollens, pet dander, and dust. They tend to catch these allergies very quickly as compared to other people. An air purifier is the best option for such people since it cleans out all such contaminants, leaving the air clean and pollen-free.
- Fighting asthma and other respiratory diseases: Respiratory illnesses such as Asthma is a widespread health issue. Air purifiers help clean the air of microbes, which usually trigger asthma attacks, thus lowering the chances of such triggers.
- Eliminates harmful chemicals: Being indoors doesn’t always guarantee pure air. Toxic and polluted air can still enter your homes, irrespective of sealing it throughout the day. Pollutants such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide are common in metropolitan cities; continued exposure to these pollutants can harm your health.
- Saves you from air-borne diseases: Common air-borne diseases such as common flu and cold are usually spread through the air. When bacteria transfer from a sneeze or cough, it stays in the air for some time, and people coming in contact with these bacteria can get infected. Air purifiers filter these bacteria, leaving the air fresh and free.
Common Myths About Air Purifiers That You Should Stop Believing
Lack of information can be as dangerous as misleading information about anything. Air Purifiers are gaining ground and have become a staple appliance to be used in homes these days. But there are still several facts and myths attached to air purifiers that people tend to overlook or have no knowledge about. Let us learn about some of them in detail:
1. You have to keep the doors and windows closed for air purifiers to work
It is a common misconception that air purifiers only work well when the room is tightly sealed. In reality, air purifiers for large rooms work better when the doors and windows are open and fresh air circulation.
2. You have to sit near an air purifier to get clean air
This is not true at all. The Clean Air Delivery Rate for all air purifiers is designed to circulate fresh, clean air throughout a room. You don’t have to sit next to an air purifier to get clean air as the same quality of air circulates in the whole room.
3. If you have an AC in the room, you don’t need an air purifier
Having an air conditioner installed in the room contributes to nothing towards killing the harmful bacteria and eliminating pollutants present in the air. People think that only because a room has AC and is completely sealed, there might be no polluted air inside, which is wrong. The air can still carry dust, allergens, or contaminants, which reduce air quality.
4. A good air purifier eliminates odor
Purifying the air from odors and bacteria are two very different things and have absolutely nothing in common. Not all air purifiers are designed to eliminate odors from the room. However, it depends upon the kind of filer attached to your purifier. Some purifiers which have activated carbon filters can reduce odor but even they won’t eliminate them entirely.
5. Cleaning the filter instead of replacing them will do the job
While cleaning a filter can be workable when it has become dirty, experts do not recommend it. You must always replace an air purifier when it has become trapped with pollutants and dust particles. Cleaning it will help you eliminate the germs and dirt present on the outer layer of the filter. Moreover, it will reduce the effectiveness and reduce the quality of air over time.
6. Air purifiers are helpless in over-polluted regions
This is one of the most ridiculous myths related to air purifiers. If there is excess air pollution outside the room, it doesn’t mean that you can’t control whether the air inside your house will stay clean from pollutants or not. Air purifiers are a very useful tool, especially in places of extreme air pollution. They help form a protective bubble of clean air inside the house.
Review Of The Best Air Purifiers for home
Since we are on the subject of air purifiers, it would help guide you through some of the best air purifiers available in the market. The air purifiers from amazon are proven to deliver the best quality features and usually stay true to their claims.
1. NuWave OXYPURE Large Area Smart Air Purifier
- CLEAN, HEALTHY AIR: The NuWave OxyPure Smart Air Purifier helps clean the air in your home of...
- BETTER SLEEP: The NuWave OxyPure Air Purifier helps you sleep better by eliminating airborne...
- Wi-Fi capabilities: The NuWave OxyPure Smart Air Purifier saves on energy with its...
NuWave has been the market leader in providing quality products for more than two decades. This smart air purifier made from advanced technology can keep a huge area of over 1,000 sq. ft clean by providing fresh, pure, and filtered air.
Organic compounds, harmful bacteria, viruses, gases, allergens, pollens, and pet-danders are easily removed from the air using this purifier. It comes with a whisper-quiet sleep mode, which promotes better sleep without making much noise.
This air purifier by NuWave guarantees energy-efficient smart-touch controls with auto-monitoring capabilities, making it an ideal choice for families. The 4-filter system eliminates all kinds of harmful contaminants from the air, leaving it clean and dust-free.
2. LEVOIT Air Purifiers for Home Allergies
- High Performance: Enjoy fresh air in 12 minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier....
- Find Relief: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne...
- Multiple Filter Choices: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs....
Levoit is known to be among the market leaders in providing superior quality air purifiers that kill viruses and come with a pet air filter. Living with a pet is now bearable for people who are allergic to them, thanks to this air purifier. A huge reason for these air purifiers to be so famous in the market is its cost-effectiveness.
Accompanied by a beautiful design and high performance, the Levoit air purifier has a quiet operation so you can install it in your bedroom, and it won’t disturb your sleep.
Levoit Air purifiers come with a 3-stage air cleaning system, including a pre-filter, true HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter. Furthermore, it comes with a toxin absorber filter, highly effective in eliminating strong odors, pollutants, smoke, toxic fumes, etc.
The Energy Star Certified Air Purifier with HEPA filters not only works wonders in cleaning the air, but it also won’t use much power and is very energy-efficient. You can easily get genuine filter replacement parts that’ll help maintain the optimum performance of your filter.
3. Germ Guardian Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer
- Pluggable air sanitizer: Provides cleaner air and helps reduce airborne germs and reduce...
- Compact design: This 7 inch wall pluggable sanitizer is perfect for the kitchen, litter box...
- Reduces odors: Reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
This portable air purifier is just the perfect equipment for your home if you are concerned about the air you intake. The Germ guardian pluggable air purifier uses UV-C technology to fight germs present in the air.
The ultraviolet rays help kill airborne viruses and other germs in confined spaces. This medical-grade air purifier’s special feature is the sanitization effect, which helps combat unpleasant odors prevalent in closed areas.
When working at full capacity, this air purifier for classrooms is very efficient as it destroys 98% of the dust mites, mold spores, and other allergens. The sanitizer works without any outlet so you can easily carry it with you in every room you go. Works best in small areas and confined spaces such as children’s rooms, litter box room, or kitchen.
There is no need to replace the filter after use. This air purifier comes with a single GermGuardian UV C light bulb, which needs to be replaced every 10 to 12 months as per your usage.
FAQ’s on Best Air Purifiers
1. What is the best air purifier for someone with Asthma?
Ans: People who have asthma should go with purifiers with a HEPA filter or an activated carbon filter. These filters work best in removing harmful particles and gaseous pollutants which can trigger asthma attacks.
2. Are there any side effects of using air purifiers?
Ans: There are no side effects of using air purifiers. However, you must know that certain air purifiers in the market use electrostatic precipitators and ionizers, which emit ozone. Make sure to go through the product specifications before purchasing.
3. How often should I change the filters of my air purifier? How do I know if it is dirty?
Ans: The detail of changing the filters in your air purifier must be mentioned on the product’s packaging. However, if you still need to know, you can change it every 3-6 months, but that depends on the usage and filter type. Do your research about the product’s filter before replacing it.
Breathe Cleaner, Fresher Air With High-Quality Air Purifier
A good quality air purifier can not only improve the quality of the air you breathe but is also known to increase sustainability.
But for a purifier to be great, it needs to fulfill certain features, which makes it powerful enough to catch all the harmful elements present in the room and leave the air clean, fresh, and safe for everyone.
So, it is important to be careful while purchasing the best air purifier for your home and consider various factors before settling with one.
- 10 Best Air Purifiers to Improve The Quality Of Air
- Best Medify MA40 Medical Grade AirPurifier & Filters
- Best Air Purifier with HEPA filters (99.97% Purification)
- Best UV Light Air Purifiers